ALL ABOUT AISHAH AHMAD- The New Deputy Governor CBN
Aishah Ahmad has been nominated by President Muhammadu Buhari as the Deputy Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria.This is a major step for the Buhari administration in appointing women in leadership positions.
If approved by the Senate, the 41 year old Mrs Aishah Ahmad will take over from the former Deputy Governor who resigned early this year.
Clearly we all want to know about this young woman who is making boss moves and slaying while she’s doing it. From her heritage, to her career, to fashion, personal life and her passions we have it covered. Here is the definitive guide on ALL you need to know about Aishah Ahmad.
Here are key things you should know about Aisha Ahmad.
1. Aishah Ahmad was born on October 26, 1976.
2. She is from Niger State.
3. Aishah is married to Rtd Brigadier General Abdallah A. Ahmad.
4. They have two teenage boys.
5. Aishah has a BSc in Accounting from the University of Abuja, a Finance MBA from the University of Lagos, an M.Sc. Finance and Management from the Craneld School of Management (UK). She is also a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) and she holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
6. Her professional experience spans 20 years.
7. She is currently an Executive Director at Diamond Bank Plc, which she joined in 2014.
8. She is also the Head, Retail Financial Services Division, overseeing Privilege Banking, Consumer Banking Group, Retail Assets, Cards and Customer Engagement & Insight at the bank.
9. From 2009 – 2014, she worked at Stanbic IBTC Holdings serving in several different capacities such as: Head, High Net-worth Individuals; Head, Private Client Services and Deputy Head, Private Client Services.
10. She has also worked with Zenith Capital Limited as Head, Business Development, Bank of New York Mellon (UK), Synesix Financial Limited (UK), Zenith Bank Plc as Head, Retail Banking Unit, and NAL Bank Plc as Head, Private Banking.
11. She is currently the Chairperson of Women in Business and Public Service (WIMBIZ), a leading women-focused not-for-profit organization in sub-Saharan Africa.
12. She is a board member of the SOS Children’s hospital.
13. She is renowned for her experience in the private banking space having managed many High Net-worth Individuals (HNI’s) throughout her career.
14. Aishah is passionate about global investing and promoting diversity & women’s (financial) inclusion.
15. She loves entertaining. She describes her perfect evening as, “talking with friends over a home-cooked meal.”
16. She reads a lot on strategy, economy and business.
17. She loves movies and the arts.
18. She enjoys travelling, fine dining and exploring local delicacies of places she visits.
19. She has a passion for writing.
20. She describes her style as comfortable. Saying,
Style is what feels comfortable and looks right to you; it’s not necessarily about fashion fads or rules. Given my career in financial services, my outward appearance has tended to reflect and project organisation, dependability, capability and respect for the other person. Outside of work, I am pretty flexible and have recently taken a renewed interest in traditional outfits: which often lo
I believe most men are supportive of their wives’ careers; however, it’s important that women carry their partners and family along to ensure they are jointly invested in her ultimate business or career goals. Beyond providing flexibility and helping out with family responsibilities, I am lucky that my husband has always been a strong supporter who actively encourages me in my career. This gives me confidence and comfort in the knowledge that you have someone to help share the critical work-life balance decisions that will inevitably be made